Here at BAMSI, we recognize that our employees are our greatest resource! Are you ready to make a difference? Become a BAMSI believer!
Program Managers at BAMSI oversee all aspects of their assigned Residential Program for adults with disabilities which includes coordination of care and supports as well as program operations.The dedicated staff members provide support in the areas including, but not limited to personal finance, van transportation, assistance with activities of daily living , and helping individuals achieve their ISP goals! Persons served are also encouraged to become active members of their communities including engaging in employment, volunteer activities as well as social and recreational activities.
You will need a bachelor's degree in a related field OR two years experience in a human service field. Must have supervisory experience in a health or human service setting, preferably in a community-based residential program for individuals with disability preferably those with developmental disabilities, traumatic brain injury or acquired brain injury. A valid driver's license in state of residence and satisfactory driving record are required.
BAMSI is a private, non-profit culturally diverse human services organization providing services to adults and children with developmental disabilities, mental illness, behavioral health, and public health needs. We at BAMSI believe that those we serve are capable of amazing things and deserve our best. We support them in their journeys and celebrate their accomplishments along the way.
We strive to offer valuable benefits that promote a healthy work/life balance and add value to our employees’ lives. Our comprehensive benefits include:
*Available benefits are based on position and scheduled hours.
Female Gender is a Bona Fide Occupational Qualification for this position and only Female applicants will be interviewed.
General Statement of Duties: Oversee all aspects of the program including coordination of care and supports as well as program operations. Perform duties with a team approach; work in collaboration with Nurse Manager, staff, nurses and upper management, as applicable.
Direct Care & Coordination of Services:
1. Ensure the quality of support for individuals served with the emphasis on individual growth, health and safety.
2. Maintain ongoing professional communication with supervisor and all stakeholders.
3. Meet with the Lead Nurse, if applicable, on a weekly basis to discuss program operations and individuals served.
4. Support individuals served in the development of their person-centered ISP and implement plans.
5. Foster and maintain professional partnerships with all stakeholders through pro-active communication.
6. Organize and implement group and individual activities, which serve to expand and normalize the lives of individuals served and foster increased independence through natural supports, social networks, and community membership.
7. Coordinate and collaborate with nursing counterparts on medical aspects of service delivery.
Staff Management & Development:
8. Ensure program coverage in accordance with funding source standards, seeking assistance of supervisor as needed. Coordinate staff coverage with the Scheduler utilizing an electronic scheduling system.
9. Act as an advocate and role model for individuals, families, and staff.
10. Interview and hire prospective employees in conjunction with persons served and complete required hiring documentation in a timely manner.
11. Utilize BAMSIs electronic human resource systems for hiring, time management, payroll, and scheduling.
12. Collaborate with individuals served, funders and partnering organizations to hire Personal Care Attendants (PCA) or Personal Support Services (PSS) as appropriate.
13. Provide ongoing supervision, training and professional development of staff. Document in accordance to BAMSI standards.
14. Monitor trainings and ensure staff and nurses compliance with mandated and recommended trainings.
15. Complete orientation documentation and annual evaluations on all assigned program staff in a timely manner.
16. Ensure that program staff adhere to BAMSI policies and procedures.
17. Promptly identify program areas of need and address them, seeking assistance as needed.
18. Oversee vehicle and physical plant maintenance by reporting issues promptly, arranging for needed repairs, ensuring housekeeping, and interacting with the facility department as required.
19. Ensure appropriate use of program petty cash, gas cards, grocery cards and funds belonging to individuals served; follow auditing protocols.
20. Ensure ongoing program compliance with funders standards and participate in internal and external reviews.
21. Ensure highest quality of safety standards and that infection control protocols are followed.
22. Complete all required trainings and certifications.
23. Provide 24 hour on-call, on a rotating basis, to ensure program oversight and access to resources.